Lying Back Presses
- An exercise mat can be used for comfort
This exercise targets your lower back and provides a low to moderate cardio benefit.
Secondary Muscle GroupLower Back
Frequency1 Day a Week to 3 Days a Week
Starting Position: Lay on the floor, face down with your arms stretched straight out crossed at the wrist in front of you. Keep your legs shoulder width apart, toes touching the ground and heels pointing up. Elevate your head about 6 inches.
- Exhaling, simultaneously lift your upper and lower body several inches off the floor, keeping your neck and head straight forward.
- Hold this position for several seconds, and do not forget to breathe.
- Inhale and slowly lower your body back to starting position.
- Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.