- You can hold weights for added resistance
- Be sure not to arch your back
- Focus on slow, compact movements
This exercise targets your lower back and provides a low to moderate cardio benefit. It also works your hamstrings.
Secondary Muscle GroupLower Back, Hamstrings
Frequency1 Day a Week to 3 Days a Week
Starting Position: Lay on the bench face down with the upper pad at your thighs and the lower pad behind your ankles. Keep your feet flat on the platform and hang over the front of the bench at a 90 degree angle. Cross your arms over your chest and your neck in line with your spine.
- Exhaling, keep your back flat and raise your torso and upper body so that it is parallel to the floor. Keep your arms crossed and off your chest.
- Inhale and slowly lower yourself back to starting position.
- Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.