Abdominals Flutter Kicks
- A mat can be used for comfort
- Keep your abs tight
- Be sure to not kick your legs too high
This exercise targets your lower abdominals area and requires no equipment to perform.
Secondary Muscle GroupLower Abdominals
Frequency2 Days a Week to 3 Days a Week
Starting Position: Lie on the floor, face up with your arms resting at your sides, palms down. Your legs should be shoulder width apart, fully extended, 6 inches off the floor, knees slightly bent. Your head should be also be about 6 inches off the floor.
- Keeping your head off the floor and your arms by your sides, slowly lift your right leg about 6 inches higher than starting position. Keep your left leg the same.
- Return your right leg to starting position, and as you do so, lift your left leg to about 6 inches higher than starting position.
- Alternate legs accordingly, keeping the movements small and rapid.
- Repeat this exercise until you have completed all repetitions for the set.